A memo to President Obama: sir, this is so purposely loosely written that one could fly a kite through it, and I guess that is the entire point of the exercise.
But it brings me to another question, Mr. President, and that is, has logic become illegal in this country?!?
Because, as with the language in the NDAA, enabling any President to have anyone arrested and indefinitely detained for "providing aid and comfort to the enemy", this EO could be interpreted as being used to financially persecute, and destroy, any American who has a difference of opinion from that of the current Administration on its Iran policy, and have a deathly chilling effect on rational discussion on this issue.
And sir, respectfully, peacefully, and logically, I absolutely do not agree with the current administration in its Iran policy. And sir, here are the facts of the case:
1. Fact: Iran has not started a war in over 200 years.
2. Fact: To date, as an NPPT signatory, which means that Iran's nuclear weapons program must be consistently inspected by the IAEA, no nuclear materials have been found to have been diverted from its energy program to a nuclear weapons program.
3. Fact: Israel, which has nuclear weapons, refuses to become a signatory to the NNPT, and refuses to have its nuclear sites inspected. This means that every dollar of US military and financial aid to Israel has been illegal, under the Symington Amendment. And yet, the US government continues, illegally, to provide military and financial aid to Israel.
4. Fact: As of last July, China has been developing oil fields in Southern Iran for its own domestic consumption; therefore, any attack against Iran will be construed as an attack against China's national interest.
5. Fact: Iran's nuclear program is not a threat to anyone, including Israel. Israel just doesn't want the financial competition of a nuclear capable Iran, selling its nuclear products around the world.
6. Fact: it is not Iran's nuclear program that is the real agenda here: it is that Iran refuses to sell its oil using US petrodollars.
7. Fact: the US dollar is losing any real value, after "Helicopter Ben" Bernake's latest round of quantitative easing.
8. Fact: as it has done innumerable times before, the US government is looking at a war with which to shore up the petrodollar.
9. Fact: the US military is getting ready to invade Syria, although Syria is not the prize here. Because Syria and Iran have a mutual defense pact, if Syria is attacked, Iran must come to its aid militarily, giving the US government the causus belli for war.
There are many things about the Iranian government I do not like. Theocracies (just as with the one in Israel) always scare me. I do not like the way the Iranian government tends to marginalize the women of this country.
But that having been said, as a Christian, and a logical person, I do not think, for one second, Iran is deserving of a devastating war simply to prop up the US dollar, which is now its death-throes.
Nor do I think such an invasion, which could quickly escalate into war with Russia and China, is prudent.