I know a lot of thinking people. And absolutely NONE of my friends or acquaintances think, for a millisecond, that attacking Iran is a really swell idea.
And for the fact and logic challenged, let me break this down for you just one more time.
1. Iran is a signatory to the NNPT. This means that they are allowed to use uranium with which to create nuclear energy projects, which they are doing with Russian technical help.
2. These facilities are inspected by the IAEA.
3. To date, no nuclear materials have gone missing, or unaccounted for.
4. The Iranians are enriching uranium up to 20%, which is necessary for the creation of medical isotopes.
5. You have to be enriching uranium over 95% to create a nuclear bomb, which the Iranians are not doing.
6. Israel refuses to become a member of the NNPT, and does have nuclear weapons, and refuses for their nuclear sites to be inspected.
7. Israel wants the US to attack Iran because Israel claims that Iran is an existential threat to Israel's survival.
8. Russia and China may well enter the war on the side of Iran, should Iran be attacked; both are nuclear armed countries.
SO, to recap: we are looking engaging in a thermonuclear war with Russia and China to neutralize one of Israel's non-threats which has no nuclear weapons program.
7. The Iranians haven't started a war in 200 years, and definitely hasn't started any wars since becoming an Islamic Republic in 1979.