there are those in the bowels of the White House, the Pentagon, and Congress who see this potentially as a good thing.
1. Because if you fight a country like China and win, all the debt you owed to that country is obliterated.
2. A war would distract the American people from the misery of the economic and geopolitical decisions of this administration.
3. Such a war would prompt the reinstitution of a draft.
4. Winning such a war would put the US back on top of the world as the major superpower.
5. The dollar would be restored as the world's reserve currency.
However, should such a confrontation take place, it is very probable that the US could not win, and here are the reasons.
1. The dollar is about to go the way of the dribble glass and the whoopie cushion.
2. We do not have the manufacturing we did during World War II, because most of the manufacturing has been offshored.
3. The US is bankrupt to the tune of 14 trillion dollars that we know about, and no sane country on earth is going to want to loan us money, understanding that it will never be repaid.
The US ended World War II with nuclear weapons; in light of the fact that we don't have the boots on the ground for a fight with Russia and China, the US government may well begin the next war with nuclear weapons.