Google
 

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Are You in the FBI’s Suspicious Activities Database?

The Gay Secretary

This country has devolved from a nation of laws to a nation of men.

Instead of the Constitution and Bill of Rights being the fountainhead of rights and protections afforded to US citizens, we are in the thrall of the ghosts of Code Napoleon Law, under which all accused (and now don't even have to be accused) are guilty until proven innocent.

I have not only the right, under the First Amendment to the Constitution, to peacefully and logically criticize my country's government when I believe it to be headed in a wrong direction; I also have the moral responsibility to do this.

I have watched successive administrations over decades paint various other countries as the "villains du jour" to achieve various geopolitical outcomes that had nothing to do with the safety or security of We the People.

Therefore, as a responsible American, I cannot be silent when I see a war ignited against a country like Iraq (for the oil and to please Israel) or Afghanistan (for the installation of pipelines with which to control Eurasian oil).

If quietly and logically pointing out the truth makes me and those like me "criminals", I guess the next piece of music I need to compose is a "Requiem for the United States of America"; because that country, which I loved and respected because of the fundamental rights and protections it provided under the law, no longer exists.

No comments:

Parking Tickets

Parking Tickets
Can I pay my tickets here?

Let 'em Hear it

Add to Technorati Favorites

Gottcha, scofflaw

Gottcha, scofflaw

Hottest T-Shirts on the Web

Favorite Scofflaw Movies

  • The Godfather
  • The Usual Suspects
  • Dirty Harry
  • The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
  • The Treasure of The Sierra Madre
  • The Long Good Friday
  • Pacific Heights
  • Midnight Cowboy
  • Highway61
  • Duel
  • Catch Me if You Can
  • Glengarry Glenn Ross