1. Michael Chertoff as head of Homeland Security mandated massive security procedures for all US airports.
2. Michael Chertoff then left public office and founded the Chertoff Group, which makes millions of dollars selling those very same systems and services to airports.
3. Complaints about the intrusive searches and X-rays are countered by the Crotch Bomber, the Shoe Bomber, and the Bandini Bomber, all of whom failed to actually do anything, and which in hindsight appear to have been publicity stunts staged for the sole purpose of promoting further sales of scanners and x-ray machines.
4. The US Government insists these scanners are safe, but then this is the same government that insisted shoe-store fluoroscopes were safe in the 1940s and 1950s. The US Surgeon General actually created educational films promoting the use of these machines for proper foot health. Then in the 1960s, shoe store salesmen started dying of cancer. Even then the last shoe store fluoroscope was not removed until 1981! The government’s excuse was that the effects of the X-rays were not fully understood. This brings us to the present day situation with the terahertz scanners, a new technology also not fully understood. The government is telling us all they are safe, but both Los Alamos Laboratories and MIT have conducted studies that prove terahertz waves damage DNA through induced resonant vibrations. This is a phenomenon that TSA did not test for when evaluating the machines. See http://www.medgadget.com/archives/2010/01/study_looks_into_potential_sid...
5. TSA is now refusing to make public the results of whatever testing they did actually do. See http://www.naturalnews.com/030655_TSA_X-rays.html
6. Safety and security of travelers is not the agenda of the US Government. This is proven by the scandal now breaking around the world that Boeing 737NGs built from 2001-2007 were built with substandard and illegal structural parts, with the cover-up involving the FAA and Department of Justice. At least three crashes of 737NGs involved the faulty parts. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaWdEtANi-0&feature=player_embedded
So, again I ask; is the StarAdvertiser really a news organization? Are you going to tell the people of Hawaii what is really going on and why their lives and businesses have been destroyed? Or will you persist in ignoring the important to focus on the trivial, which means will you continue to lose your readership?
When will you do your traditional duty to the people to report on government wrongdoing?