From the Department of Justice:
The Justice Department and IRS announced that over 14,700 taxpayers have come forward to report previously-undisclosed foreign bank accounts under the voluntary disclosure program the IRS implemented following the settlement. This figure represents almost double the initial numbers the IRS announced in October and dwarfs the number of voluntary disclosures received in 2008.
- American Lawyer, Swiss to Reveal Tax Man Tactics
- New York Times, 14,700 Disclosed Offshore Accounts, by Lynnley Browning
- Reuters, Nearly 15,000 Americans Admit Offshore Tax Cheating
- USA Today, IRS Offshore Tax Crackdown Should Produce 'Billions'
- Wall Street Journal, IRS Details Map To Find UBS Tax Fraud
- Wall Street Journal, Swiss Will Give Up Names of U.S. Taxpayers
- Washington Post, Swiss No Longer Shielding Biggest U.S. Tax Dodgers