Google
 

Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Sunny Beatdown

American Scofflaw

Two burglars in southern Florida got more than they bargained for when they broke into a couple's home early Monday morning.

Two men broke into a home around 1 am Monday morning. One pointed a gun right at the resident's face while he was in bed.

"Screamed at me don't move, don't move, with vulgarities involved, that wasn't happening in my house. He came to the wrong party."

The victim, who wishes to remain unidentified, is a retired special operations officer for the coast guard. His fiance who was also in bed is a former maximum-security corrections officer.

"We weren't just going to let them rob us, absolutely not. I work too hard for the things I have and people who don't have jobs who make a living off of robbing people, not me."

The male victim and one of the suspects got in a fight, both trying to get control of the gun.

"When the victim and the suspect were fighting in the corner of the bedroom, a shot fired from the gun, went through the wall, through the medicine cabinet, and right into the bathroom mirror."

The other suspect ran out of the house.

Meanwhile, the victim's fiance grabbed their own rifle and beat the other suspect so hard the rifle broke in two. Then the male victim got a hold of the suspect's gun.

"At that point I was going to take his life, and he begged for his life, 'I don't want to die, I don't want to die, please don't kill me, let me go.'"

That's when he took the suspect outside-- and bashed his head into this truck before the man ran away. But not before the suspect was able to fire two more shots at the house, one going through the door and grazing the male victim's shoulder.

The Lee County Sheriff's Office is still searching for the suspects.

As for the victims, they say what they did was risky, but because of their law enforcement training, they knew how to react.

No comments:

Parking Tickets

Parking Tickets
Can I pay my tickets here?

Let 'em Hear it

Add to Technorati Favorites

Gottcha, scofflaw

Gottcha, scofflaw

Hottest T-Shirts on the Web

Favorite Scofflaw Movies

  • The Godfather
  • The Usual Suspects
  • Dirty Harry
  • The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
  • The Treasure of The Sierra Madre
  • The Long Good Friday
  • Pacific Heights
  • Midnight Cowboy
  • Highway61
  • Duel
  • Catch Me if You Can
  • Glengarry Glenn Ross