Google
 

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

John Bolton Is Upset

American Scofflaw

Bolton then went on to claim that the US's mother dresses it funny, and that the US's dog is really ugly.

Iran's nuclear program is a power station. And the fuel rods to operate it. Both activities are guaranteed to Iran under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty which both the US and Iran (but not Israel) have signed.

Nobody has offered any proof that Iran is doing anything other than building a power station.

Folks, this is a repeat of the lies used to start a war with Iraq, but since they cannot go ahead and claim that Iran actually has nuclear weapons without a demand of proof from a world made skeptical by the Iraq lies, so the claim is that Iran may have nuclear weapons in the future, a far more difficult claim to prove or (for the purposes of the war mongers) disprove.

But this idea of killing people because of what they MIGHT do in the future is the slipperiest of slopes. Can I shoot my neighbor today because there is a very real chance he might attack my wife next month? Can I shoot the teenagers hanging around my car rather than risk having them steal the vehicle at some point in the future? I don't like the way the guy who lives by the mailboxes looks at me; does that give me the moral right to set fire to his home to drive him out?

No comments:

Parking Tickets

Parking Tickets
Can I pay my tickets here?

Let 'em Hear it

Add to Technorati Favorites

Gottcha, scofflaw

Gottcha, scofflaw

Hottest T-Shirts on the Web

Favorite Scofflaw Movies

  • The Godfather
  • The Usual Suspects
  • Dirty Harry
  • The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
  • The Treasure of The Sierra Madre
  • The Long Good Friday
  • Pacific Heights
  • Midnight Cowboy
  • Highway61
  • Duel
  • Catch Me if You Can
  • Glengarry Glenn Ross