Google
 

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Weird Is As Weird Gets

The Gay Secretary

The tall custodian with a shy smile, striking blue eyes and softly waved salt-and-pepper hair wears a gray T-shirt, as do all school custodians in town. In previous years, students at Clara Barton Elementary School knew him as Brian Bonin.

However, starting this year, they will know him as Brianna Bonin. Parents of all pupils at the school can expect to receive a letter this week signed by both Ernest L. Boss, superintendent of schools, and Principal Norman P. Yvon, explaining, “Our night custodian has informed us of his decision to change his gender and, as we begin the school year, he will begin living and working as a woman.

He has been a valued employee of the Oxford Public Schools for many years, and we expect his exemplary performance to continue as he changes gender roles.” “I’m looking forward to becoming a woman. My doctor said they are trying to get such surgery covered by insurance, but it isn’t yet,” said Mr. Bonin, an Oxford resident. Mr. Boss said yesterday, “We alerted parents to make it easier on them. It’s her life. We won’t tolerate prejudice. We teach our kids understanding and tolerance.” Mr. Yvon said, “We expect the kids to accept this readily. They see a man with long hair and ask if he’s a girl. But we are aware that this can be a difficult topic for parents. If the kids ask, we suggest telling them that our custodian used to be a man, but is now a woman.”

Fellow school custodian Stephen S. Anderson said, “I think it’s fantastic. Whatever makes her happy makes me happy. My wife has two transgenders in her family. It takes a lot of guts to come out like she did. She does a fantastic job here.” Mr. Bonin’s wife of 14 years, Catherine Bonin, is also “having trouble” adjusting to the fact that her husband no longer exists. “Cathy is divorcing me and moving to Florida. She is a wonderful woman. She is hurt. She lost her wonderful husband Brian she still loves.

Brian no longer exists. She wants a man. I’m not a man. I don’t blame her. She will go on with her new life and I’ll stay here and go on with my new life as a woman.” “In the case of very young children, they don’t understand sex, so don’t address sexual issues, but they do understand gender. Tell them that some people are born with girl bodies and boy hearts. Other people are born with boy bodies and girl hearts. They all want to dress to match their hearts.”

Wait a minute. Did the guy have the operation already or not? Because in the picture it looks like he did, but in the article it says he didn't. I'm confused. But not as confused as those 1st graders are going to be when you tell them that Custodian Brian was born with a boy’s body and a girl’s heart and that he used to be a man but now he’s a Brianna. I'm sure they'll totally get that. Regardless I could care less if a guy wants to have a sex change operation. I honestly could give a fuck less. But I’m not sure I’d go as far as to call this "fantastic". Is it creepy? Sure. Fantastic? Not so much. Would I be bragging about it on the front page of the Worcester Telegram? Probably not. And despite what Brianna says, I’m thinking the wife doesn’t still love Brian.

No comments:

Parking Tickets

Parking Tickets
Can I pay my tickets here?

Let 'em Hear it

Add to Technorati Favorites

Gottcha, scofflaw

Gottcha, scofflaw

Hottest T-Shirts on the Web

Favorite Scofflaw Movies

  • The Godfather
  • The Usual Suspects
  • Dirty Harry
  • The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
  • The Treasure of The Sierra Madre
  • The Long Good Friday
  • Pacific Heights
  • Midnight Cowboy
  • Highway61
  • Duel
  • Catch Me if You Can
  • Glengarry Glenn Ross